Draught Proofing and Renovation of Sash windows
Alan Lancaster Ltd offers an excellent draught proofing and sash renovation service.
The method we use is outlined below.
1) Remove both sashes and sand any paint build up from the edges
2) Oil the pulley wheels
3) Replace the old sash chords with new
4) Test to ensure that windows are correctly balanced
5) Insert new staff beads and parting beads with rebated brushes to stop draughts
6) Insert rebated draught proofed seals on the bottom and tops of the sashes and at the meeting rail.
How much does it cost?
We charge £220.00 plus vat for an average sized window. Cost applies to windows that fit into the average size of 2 metres high and 1 metre wide. An additional charge will be made for larger windows unless offset by a similar number of smaller ones.
You will be pleased to know however that the overall discounted cost will be extremely competitive.